Buddy and the Young'uns

So, Gaven and Lenora came back with us after church today and I had them hesitate to get out of the car. For all that the "vicious breed" stuff usually gets under my skin, I have to admit that certain breeds seem to give less warning than others and I was a little cautious having this dog I've only known for a few weeks meet kids I care so much about (especially withthe four year olds face at teeth level for him) I lectured the kids on keeping very still and not putting their hands over his head or kicking at him if they're being carried etc... We get out of the car, Buddy runs up to Gaven who did exactly what he was supposed to do. Buddy sniffed at him, Gaven stuck his hand out, (low, palm up) and said, really nicely "Hi Buddy" At which point Buddy ran for his life onto the back porch and barked a couple of times from behind the railing. He would NOT come near the kids. Le le opened the big front door when she noticed him up on the front porch and as soon as she came near the storm door he ran down into the yard by the car. Later, I opened the back door and Buddy ran up trying to get into the house like he always does until he saw Gaven standing in front of the dryer and then he ran down off the porch into the yard. I was so worried about how he'd be with kids but by the time we took the kids home, I felt like I had to reassure my poor scaredy dog that I wouldn't let the mean children hurt him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Farm update part 2