My hubby, my hero.

Our cat got a mouse a couple of nights ago and my beloved hubby ended up chasing the poor terrified thing all over the basement including straight up the wall toward the living room. It was actually kind of cute --- only about an inch long. I got many dirty looks for laughing as he tried to prevent it from running up into the living room without actually touching it while simultaneously trying not to step on the three big hunter cats standing at his feet. Every time he impeded the mouse's upward progress, it ran down to where the cats were jumping up to try and catch it. I got him a coffee can and we put a hole in the lid for some air and returned him into the wild the next day.. to be more specific, it was my beloved hubby who traipsed out into the back forty thru the wet tall grass to find a suitible home for Mousie. And, because he has been married to me for nearly 20 years didn't even laugh or roll his eyes when I pointed out we have an old hamster cage and that by releasing him out into the woods, we were taking him away from his winter storage rather late in the year. (although, I didn't get to keep the mouse.. he was rather insistant on that). When he and I were first getting married, I warned him that I take in strays of all kinds and he said then that he loved me for my compassionate and caring nature. Now, that's all well and good when you're young and in love and looking thru rose colored glasses with your starry eyes but 20 years later after 9 cats, 7 dogs, a frog, 4 turtles, 2 injured rabbits, 2 bats, 3 snakes, 2 mice, 4 wild birds, a turkey, and umteen dozen spiders that either have become permanent pets or were gently released to the wild --- not to mention 4 room mates, 2 siblings, 3 small children and several relatives later who have stayed with us or whom we have helped--- that he's STILL saying that he loves me for my soft heart is probably nothing short of a miracle. For which I am eternally grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Farm update part 2