Just a random thought



I keep looking at the colors of the leaves and I wonder... "Is this their true color?" Without the chlorophyll, does the real color of the leaf finally show.. When it's done for the season and no longer has to carry out the business of keeping the tree nourished, can a leaf finally show it's "true color". I wonder if they wanted all summer to show off a glaring red or neon orange instead of a cool green. Maybe the leaves dancing around in the wind are dancing with joy at finally being untethered. Is that why the still green leaves seem to strain and reach at their colored counterparts, flitting around? Isn't green the color of envy? I can't help thinking how much like leaves we must be in the autumn of our lives. When we stop being busy saying and doing all the things we have to say and do in order to keep our families nourished.. food on the table and clothes in closets etc...can we finally let go of our fresh green mantles and say what we really think and do as we really feel. Is that when we show our "true colors"? Is it indicative of the end of our period of pliability that the leaves become crisp and crackling as they become beautifully glaring. I can't help but notice that I am, myself, joining the ranks of a population that speaks it's mind more and lets the grass grow long sometimes and hangs the gaudy drapes that the neighbors just hate. I am disinclined to tie my hair into a respectable fashion that resists the wind and not so concerned about wearing clothes that will stay neat. I find myself more and more inclined to think that purple must be the new black.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Farm update part 2