Such a week for sadness. Last monday, our best friends had a miscarriage at 5 mos. As much and as deeply as we grieve for them, we feel a sense of loss ourselves. When I think how heartbroken I am to lose the new little angel I was so looking forward to holding and spoiling and babysitting, I cannot even conceive of what her parents are feeling. I feel that we are so fortunate to have them as friends. They've let us share in the joys of their lives and spoil their 2 kids and given us their help and support. Now, they have the grace of spirit to allow us to grieve with them and to feel like we've been of some small use to them. It can be a hard place to be when you care greatly about someone who's in so much pain and to have no way to express your own caring or your own grief which seems rendered insignificant by comparison. I'm so glad to have friends who could reach out to us and include us in even this most private and painful time. Today, just a few minutes ago, I le...
We helped friends get ready for a home appraisal these last 2 weeks. I don't think I've ever been this tired. Apparently everything went well which is great. We went to a different friend's 40th birthday and I got sunburnt and sloshed and found out that my friends can sing really well.
What a wonderful, long, busy, fun, thought-provoking weekend. Maybe especially thought provoking since my nephew is in the service on his way to someplace warm and scary. I'm very proud of him for being the kind of person to do what he believes in and to put himself into all he does but I do wish that meant he'd be home to do it. All in all, it was the all American kick off to summer. We got work done, we got picnicking done and we got paraded and serviced out. I herded a snapping turtle off of the road. He was less than grateful but I didn't get bit. I found a great recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb pie on Recipezaar. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Strawberry-Rhubarb-Pie-7553
Comments